CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Food

Hey all, it's Friday. Don't you just love Fridays? I know I do--a lot. I have plans for this weekend but a lot of times on Friday night I have family and/or friends over for dinner. I know, I know, it's real homey and all, something that maybe you wouldn't expect from someone who writes racy romances but hey, romance writers eat too!! So in honor of my love of cooking and dinner parties and all that, I've decided that every Friday I'll share one of my fave recipes with you. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll compile a book of Burns' Recipes! Or maybe I'll call it Friday Food.

Anyhow, here's the first recipe. I love this. It's fast and easy to make and tastes great. I hope you enjoy it, too.

Fiesta Fajitas

10 flour tortillas
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 yellow squash, halved and thinly sliced

1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 cup salsa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro


Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in preheated 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.

Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, stir in onions, red and green peppers, and garlic. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow squash, salsa, cumin, pepper and salt and stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Spoon vegetable mixture evenly down the centers of warm tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese. Roll and place in oven for additional five minutes. Serve hot, with rice.


Enjoy!

All right, all right, I give in...here's a second recipe. You twisted my arm, ha ha ha!

Chocolate Banana Bread

3 mashed bananas
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
2 eggs
1/4 cup softened salted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds, optional

Beat bananas, sugar, orange juice, eggs, butter and vanilla together in a large bowl.

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts, if desired and mix.

Divide batter evenly between 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350F degrees for 45-55 minutes. Allow loaves to cool slightly before cutting.

Now really enjoy!!

0 comments: