CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Writing on days when the sun's shining

I don't know about you but I'm a sucker for a sunshiney day. I want to go out, work in my flower beds, head to the beach, do anything but stay inside. Blech. Stay indoors? While the sun shines? Uh uh. There are too many gloomy, cold days here in Martha's Vineyard for me to waste a sunny one.

Taking my lappie outside today. The sun is shining, birds are twittering and I'm ready to write the next great novel. Uh, or at least my version of it. Um...unless the beach calls too loudly. Then all bets are off. Writing will wait. The beach? Soon it's gonna be snowy and freezing.

Yeah, I'm going to the beach. Wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kate
I can so relate to the sunny day syndrome. Here in New Zealand, it's coming to spring and we've had a very wet and chilly winter. Today is gorgeous, and the rest of the week is meant to be ikky. But what am i doing - i'm at the computer, writing my WIP and what i should be doing for my next release He's The One. Unfortunately I don't have laptop - boo hoo! So i sit and watch the sun as it blesses the weeds in my garden and I remain inside beavering away
Happy writing
Jane Beckenham
www.janebeckenham.com

Kate Burns said...

Oh Jane, NZ sounds lovely! It has always been on my list of want-to-visit places. I am an armchair traveler who would love nothing more than to circle the globe again and again, seeing all that the world has to offer.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll think of you as I'm playing hookey! Good you, bad me!! :)